Cadbury’s Flakes are great on there own but why not try adding them to a cheesecake for a taste sensation. You can stock up with Flakes and the Digestive Biscuits needed for the recipe in our store here and we hope you enjoy this sweet treat.
Preparation Time 1 hour
Cooking Time 10 mins
125g (4oz) butter
225g (8oz) digestive biscuits
350g (12oz) cream cheese
75g (3oz) caster sugar
100g Cadbury Bournville chocolate
125ml (1/4 pint) milk
20ml (4tsp) gelatine
2 large oranges
284ml (1/2 pint) double cream
6 Cadbury Flake from the 99 pack
You will also need:
A 20 cm (8 inch) loose based cake tin, base lined
1. Melt the butter, stir in the finely crushed biscuits then press half the mixture into the ungreased tin; chill.
2. Cream the cheese and sugar together.
3. Melt the chocolate in the milk then cool slightly before mixing into the cheese mixture with the gelatine dissolved in 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
4. Finely grate the rind of 1 orange then segment both; reserve 8 segments; chop remainder.
5. Fold the orange rind and chopped pieces into the mixture, with half the lightly whipped cream.
6. Pour into the tin and leave to set.
7. When set, carefully press the remaining biscuit mixture onto the cheesecake and chill.
8. Gently turn cheesecake out onto a plate. Spread top with whipped cream. Decorate edge with thin pieces of flake and orange segments in the centre.